Scintillation simulation

Dear Fluka experts,

I am a beginner. I want to simulate scintillator response of gamma rays;
(a) gamma transport simulation
(b) light transport simulation
© convolution of a detector dependent resolution to the simulation response. For that I am trying to plot dN/dE Vs Energy graph.
I already plot he particle fluence and energy deposition using USRBIN cards. also plot USRTRACK graph.
But I have no idea of how to use EVENTBIN card with TCQUENCH.
I find that there are only a few words about eventbin, I have difficulty of learning it. I lack knowledge of EVENTBIN card, can you can tell me some experience of using it?

Thanks in Advance

I am considering scintillator crystal exposure to gamma rays for simulation. I plotted the energy deposition and fluence for gamma ray (USRBIN plots).

How to draw the frequency distribution for every produced gamma ray and photon light? If anybody can provide guidelines, much appreciated.

Dear Experts,

Does PHOTRACK function exist in fluka? if it is existing, can anyone give me guidance on how to use it?

Thanks in advance

Dear @nadeeraBUL2020,
What do you mean exactly with “PHOTRACK function”? Are you asking if it is possible to transport optical photons in FLUKA?

yes. for recording deposition energy of secondary charged particles

Dear @nadeeraBUL2020,
I guess that you managed to calculated the energy deposited on average in the detector by your gamma ray source, thanks to USRBIN per region.
I understand you aim now to calculate the energy deposition spectrum. To this purpose, rather than EVENTBIN (requiring your own post-processing), you may profit from DETECT, which was discussed in several posts on this forum.
As a more complex step, energy deposition scoring can be altered run-time by any response function (as the Birks law applied automatically to USRBIN/EVENTBIN by TCQUENCH) that one can implement on his own in the comscw.f user routine.
The explicit generation of scintillation photons, as a result of energy deposition in scintillator materials, is also possible, thanks to OPT-PROD, but is far from being a beginner task.

1 Like

Many Thanks Cerutti. I will give it a try.