Scoring a isomer produced via activation

Dear all,

I am scoring the production of Tc-99m via proton irradiation of a target, using RADDECAY, RESNUCLE, etc. When seeing the results the data does not show a column for this desired isotope, it shows Tc-99, Tc-100, among others. When I checked the manual it says " All residual nuclei are scored when they have been fully de-excite down to their ground or isomeric state"

Please, is there any way to estimate the production of Tc-99m using FLUKA? What is the suggestion?

Thank you.

Dear @luisalas07 ,

The isomeric states should be printed in a table below the ground ones. Can you share your input so we can take a look in order to spot the problem?

Kind regards,
Francisco

PS: keep in mind that, when activated using the RADDECAY card, FLUKA assumes an equal sharing between isomeric and ground states during production. In contrast, the different states are correctly populated during decay.

Thank you for your reply.

Please, if you can check the input.benchmark3-fluka.inp (5.5 KB)

Dear @luisalas07 ,

I just ran your input as is and I obtained the RESNUCLEi table containing Tc-99m, see last row in the image below.

ResnucleiTable

Please let us know if this clears up your question.

Kind regards,
Francisco

1 Like

I see. Thank you. It is curious when I ran the simulation I am getting about 7.5E10, on the other side you get 6.4E10. What could be behind that?

Dear @luisalas07 ,

Most probably this is just because I ran your input using few primary particles to see if the isomers appeared in the results table or not. Make sure that you run with enough primaries to get statistically meaningful results.

Kind regards,
Francisco