Segmentation fault error while running flair

Continuing the discussion from Flair crash (seg fault, core dumped) - Ubuntu 20.04 LTS:

Hi Chris,

I am also encountering the segmentation fault error, while clicking the geometry tab in flair. I came across this solution and subsequently, I downloaded and replaced the ‘d3layer.cc’ file in viewer sub-directory. But after issuing make command, I get a number of errors (screenshot attached). I am running Ubuntu 20.04 in VM. Is there any specific package that I need to install?

Thanking you

Best wishes

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

actually the patch that I posted is not compatible anymore with the last release of FLAIR where a lot of things have changed (and improved) under the hood.
In any case in version >= 3.1-3 my patch is fully integrated already.

A few things to check/try:

• Which version of FLAIR did you use?

• When you define your virtual machine, how many virtual cores do you allow it to use. In general I would suggest to use the maximum number you can.

• Try to build the geoeditor with the following command make THREAD=no and try to relaunch FLAIR’s geoeditor. Does it still crash?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

Building the geoeditor with make THREAD=no worked and the geometry editor is not crashing anymore.

I am using the latest version of Flair (flair-3.1-3).

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best wishes

Kapil