Dear FLUKA experts,
I’m using the latest versions of FLUKA and Flair in Windows 11 with WSL. The simulation I upload in attachment keeps stopping at about 20% of the first cycle and, as a result, Flair hangs so that its window doesn’t respond to any click. I have to kill the Ubuntu process in the Windows Task Manager in order to be able to restart Ubuntu and Flair. I suspect there is something wrong in the instructions I entered. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance.
ele_spettro_Al_H2O.flair (5.4 KB)
ele_spettro_Al_H2O.inp (2.8 KB)
source_newgen.f (18.7 KB)
I couldn’t test your simulation completely because the source histogram file is missing.
However, I noticed that you are using an old version of the source_newgen routine with annular sampling, which had a bug at that time, making the source location drift away.
To fix the issue, you can take the latest source_newgen template or set
coordinate_y in the routine directly.
This may be the cause of your problem, but if it persists after the changes mentioned above, please let us know.
Oops indeed I forgot the histogram… attaching it here. Thank you for your kindness and help! Now I understand why I was getting incredibly noisy results when I tried with less (but anyway a lot of) particles and in that case the simulation did not stop. I will try your advice and will let you know.
spettroMedian_TECHEA_img552.dat (1.5 KB)
I confirm that using the new version of the source_newgen routine the issue has disappeared. Thank you again.