Simulation with multiple radionuclides

I want to perform calculations for the three radionuclides at the same time. So I defined the sources, but I guess there must be multiple runs. Can you please assist me with this? How do I get the contribution of each source before I sum them together?

Here is my input file
multiple-lead.flair (2.9 KB)

Hello @Motlatsi_Vincent.

You have indeed defined the sources correctly. You should now iteratively disable all sources but one and run three different runs, for each source. Attached here for the case of only Co-60 activated:
multiple-lead.flair (3.0 KB)

Note that if you keep all three source cards activated, then you do not define three radionuclide beams, but you override the previous ones with the last one.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best,
Daniel

1 Like

@dprelipc Thank you for the response.
I performed the simulation for one source (eg. Co-60), but all the generated files are replaced once I do the simulation with the next source. I eventually get the results from only one source.
How do I do multiple runs? This is important because I need to design a shielding for the 3 sources put together in a container.

Hello @Motlatsi_Vincent,

One option is to save (rename) the results after each run, or to assign different bins to the scorings (such that they do not get replaced), for example:
multiple-lead.flair (3.3 KB)

Let me know if there anything else I can help with.

Best,
Daniel

1 Like