Spectra sampling error RC=255

Dear Experts,

when I try to run FLUKA using a fluence spectrum that I got from my experimental data, I get the following error message:
Error: “/usr/local/fluka/CERN-FLUKA-spectra-sampling/src/flukahp-spec” executable returned RC=255

Could you please tell me what does it mean?

All the best,

Tiberio

Hi @Tibe68,

Did you have a look in the .out .log and .err files?

Hi Amario,

thanks for answering so quickly.
This is what I get on the .out file:

- Running: Grating-30_blaze_13
Dir: /mnt/c/Users/ceccotti/Simulazioni_Fluka/Simulazione_grating
Cmd: /usr/bin/nohup /usr/local/fluka/bin/rfluka -e /usr/local/fluka/CERN-FLUKA-spectra-sampling/src/flukahp-spec -M 5 Grating-30_blaze_13
/usr/bin/nohup: ignoring input

•                               F L U K A*

Dir: /usr/local/fluka
Data: /usr/local/fluka/data
Exec: /usr/local/fluka/CERN-FLUKA-spectra-sampling/src/flukahp-spec
Input: /mnt/c/Users/ceccotti/Simulazioni_Fluka/Simulazione_grating/Grating-30_blaze_13.inp
Initial seed copied from /usr/local/fluka/data
Running fluka in /mnt/c/Users/ceccotti/Simulazioni_Fluka/Simulazione_grating/fluka_625

======================== Running FLUKA for cycle # 1 ========================
Error: “/usr/local/fluka/CERN-FLUKA-spectra-sampling/src/flukahp-spec” executable returned RC=255

And this is the .err file:

NUMBER OF BEAM NUMBER OF BEAM APPROXIMATE NUMBER AVERAGE TIME USED TIME LEFT (RESERVED NUMBER OF STARS

• PARTICLES HANDLED PARTICLES LEFT OF BEAM PARTICLES BY A BEAM PARTICLE 10000.0 SECONDS CREATED*

•                                        THAT CAN STILL BE                           FOR PRINTOUT)*

•                                        HANDLED*

• NEXT SEEDS: 0 0 0 0 0 0 181CD 3039 0 0*

NUMBER OF BEAM NUMBER OF BEAM APPROXIMATE NUMBER AVERAGE TIME USED TIME LEFT (RESERVED NUMBER OF STARS

• PARTICLES HANDLED PARTICLES LEFT OF BEAM PARTICLES BY A BEAM PARTICLE 10000.0 SECONDS CREATED*

•                                        THAT CAN STILL BE                           FOR PRINTOUT)*

•                                        HANDLED*

• NEXT SEEDS: 0 0 0 0 0 0 181CD 3039 0 0*

Hope it helps…

Cheers,

Tiberio

Hallo Tiberio,

it doesn’t. In fact, you did not look at the FLUKA output file (rather at the run output file, of limited interest), which is the one with the same name as the err and log files (i.e. ending with 001, or larger integers). I suspect that the log file is more relevant here, can you please search for it, in /mnt/c/Users/ceccotti/Simulazioni_Fluka/Simulazione_grating/fluka_625 or /mnt/c/Users/ceccotti/Simulazioni_Fluka/Simulazione_grating?

Sorry!
Let’s try again.

Fluka_4.err (492 Bytes)
Grating-30_blaze_13001.log (1.1 KB)
Grating-30_blaze_13001.out (89.5 KB)

Dear @Tibe68,

The log file you posted ends with this error message:

ERROR: The provided fluence spectrum is not contiguous and has gaps in the energy bin structure. Please provide contiguous bins without gaps!

I think it explains the crash.

Dear Amario,

I think you’re absolutely right. My fault: I should have checked that…
Many thanks again.

Tiberio

1 Like