The PipsiCAD3D plug-in in the Simplegeo software

Dear Fluka experts,

I want to use the PipsiCAD3D plug-in in the Simplegeo software (which is the software recommended in the old website).
But it doesn’t work right now,I will write down the running requirements of this plug-in. If FLUKA supports this plug-in now, please help me.
1.) Compile and link the proprietary mgdraw.f to FLUKA
2.) Add a USERDUMP statement to your input to produce a collision tape
3.) Run your simulation to create a collision tape
4.) Run the linux interface to select the energy range & binning of the particles that will be extracted
5.) Load your geometry and the PipsiCAD3D plugin in SimpleGeo
6.) Load the created data file with the plugin and press the “Visualize” button
7.) Optionally, you might select track evolution display and animate the resulting tracks
PipsiCAD3D.zip (237.2 KB)

Li

Please refer to the following website for details

I changed the header to "
SUBROUTINE MGDRAW ( ICODE, MREG )
INCLUDE ‘dblprc.inc’
INCLUDE ‘dimpar.inc’
INCLUDE ‘iounit.inc’
INCLUDE ‘caslim.inc’
INCLUDE ‘comput.inc’
INCLUDE ‘sourcm.inc’
INCLUDE ‘fheavy.inc’
INCLUDE ‘flkstk.inc’
INCLUDE ‘genstk.inc’
INCLUDE ‘mgddcm.inc’
INCLUDE ‘paprop.inc’
INCLUDE ‘quemgd.inc’
INCLUDE ‘sumcou.inc’
INCLUDE ‘trackr.inc’ "
Then it will compile successfully, and I will do further tests

Li

Hello Li,

you can find an updated version of the package here which is compatible with FLUKA 4.x

PipsiCAD3D_fluka4.tgz (6.9 KB)

It contains an updated file mgdraw.f which you have to link to FLUKA. In addition it contains the full source for the PipsiCAD program. You can compile it by running the included script “compile.sh”.

Please note that the script assumes that your path points to your FLUKA installation and that you can run the command ‘lfluka’ for compiling and linking FORTRAN routines from any directory. Otherwise you have to add the full path to ‘lfluka’ in the compile.sh script.

After running the script it will create the executable ‘Pipsicad_SimpleGeo.linux’ and you can follow the procedure for the analysis and visualization of the tracks as listed in your first post.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I have update the FLUKA and then follow your steps.
Unfortunately, there was an error when I ran it. According to your steps, I got the files in the figure below.

The good news is that the mgdraw. file compiles successfully.
But an error occurred during the operation

This is the result of the old version.

Where did I go wrong?

Li

Just try to comment out line 100, which is a debug statement that doesn’t need to be there.

In case that won’t do the trick then please send me the dump file which you have created and I can have a look what is happening exactly.

Cheers
Chris

Do you mean the 100th line in the COLLCAD_Chris.f. file?

This is my dump file.
coll.zip (3.9 MB)

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Li

Yes, just comment out

WRITE (97,*)speed, ((ETRACK/MASS(JTRACK))**2)

Cheers
Chris

I annotated it out and rerun it successfully, like this

But when I use the PipsiCAD plug-in SimpleGeo , there are a lot of tips like this, And in the end, no particles can be seen .

But their energy is in range, I don’t know what went wrong.

Cheers
Li

Here are some of my documentsnew.zip (242.1 KB)

Hi,

it seems that there is a difference between the G77 and the GFORTRAN compiler in how they output scientific notation. The latter one does not use E notation but D for double precision. Unfortunately only FORTRAN can read this notation.

I have fixed this and updated the package under the link that you can find in my first response. Please download the package again from there and compile it.

When I try it with your data I can see the tracks as shown below.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I’m not the original author of PipsiCAD and not a FORTRAN expert either.

Thank you for your time to help me solve the problem. Unfortunately, After I download the file again and run it, the following error appears.

But the Pipsicad_SimpleGeo.linux file is still generated, It seems that there are errors in the runtime, as shown in the figure below.

Finally, the coll.tracks file is generated. And I can see the tracks as shown below.

Is that right?
Thank you again for your time.

Hello,

it seems as if the archive had been corrupted during up or download. I have recreated and replaced it once more under the link. I also tried to download it again and it was possible without an error. Thus, please try again to download it.

The result which you seem to get is OK but the executable cannot have been created from the source files as they were corrupted. Maybe you were inadvertently using an old executable(?)

Cheers
Chris

I downloaded the new files again and compiled them. All the files were correct.
Thanks again.

Cheers
Li