The run could not be finished using EMF-BIAS card with SDUM=LAMBEMF

when the emf_bias card with sdum=lambemf was used, the projection could not be finished.
here is the .inp file:
LambEmf.inp (1.4 KB)

the schedule for each core was not consistent.

Dear @Newconcept_1979,

Could you confirm me that in the runs that do not finish you observe in the .err file the following line multiple times?

*** Electr: bremss.biasing not performed due to missing room in Emf stack ***

Let me know and afterward we can discuss the reason why you are observing this error.

Thank you,
André

@adonadon , sorry for replying later,
in the case, if the cycle for one core was finished, there was one .err file occured, but in the file, the comment “*** Electr: bremss.biasing not performed due to missing room in Emf stack ***” did not occur.
here is a .err file:
LambEmf_01001.err (22.4 KB)

if the cycle for one core was not finished, there was no .err file.

Dear @Newconcept_1979,

Interesting…
Don’t you get any output in the cases where the run does not finish?

André

@adonadon , Not any output files.

Did you check in the fluka_# temporary directories of the stalling cycles? I guess that you may find there the .err file with the aforementioned error message, which indicates that your biasing is excessive.

1 Like

@ceruttif , yes, you are right, but why 2 runs of 6 finished, the other 4 runs can not be finished?

Because in a Monte Carlo simulation also biasing is a random process, which, based on your setting, exceeds the stack capacity with a certain frequency.

2 Likes

@ceruttif @adonadon , thanks!

1 Like