USRBIN-multiply the results

Dear experts,
Is there any card (or cards) that can be used to multiply the results of USRBIN card by a certain coefficient?
Regards,
Asghar

You can change the normalization when doing the plot (both in the plot and in the geometry tabs).

Dear amario,
I meant that the results, after multiplying by an arbitrary coefficient, are stored in the final usrbin.bnn file. I think there is no such card, so I suggest to the developers of FLUKA/Flair code to consider this issue in the next version of the code.
Regards,
Asghar

Dear Asghar,

FLUKA already comes with the command line tool usbscw which can add multiplying factors to USRBIN scoring results.

Otherwise could you explain the use case you have in mind for a multiplication factor in a FLUKA simulation?

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Dear Dávid,
After checking I found that the multiplication factor can be tune properly using USERWEIG card and function COMSCW. But I’m not sure about tool usbscw. Can you please explain more about this?
Cheers,
Asghar

Dear Asghar,

the command line tool usbscw can be used to merge the unprocessed (*fort.xx) USRBIN results or the already processed (.bnn) files similarly to the usbsuw program.

In addition to the averaging what usbsuw does, usbscw allows the user to specify a weight for each input file separately.

Please note, that the COMSCW user routine only applies to the energy deposition, inelastic hadron interactions, and residual nuclei, while the FLUSCW only adds weights to fluence / current and yield based scorings.

I’m still curious why do you want to add a constant multiplication factor to your simulation.

Cheers,
David

Dear Dávid,
Thanks for the explanation. I want to add a constant multiplication factor (1.602176462 e-7) to convert the unit from GeV/g to Gy in all elements of usrbin.bnn 3D matrix. I tuned this factor using USERWEIG card and COMSCW user routine.
Cheers,
Asghar