USRBIN + neutron

Dear FLUKA expert,
I want to benchmark this paper “EVALUATION OF SKYSHINE FROM AN ACCELERATOR FACILITY:
DEPENDENCE ON DISTANCE AND ANGLE”.
The FLUKA input is attached :
new.inp (8.6 KB)
I have a problem : When i use electron in part of USRBIN score, plot of USRBIN is producted. but for neutron particle, any output isnt producted.
To simplify the geometry, i disabled the biasing and ring detectors. only one ring detector was used.
Thanks a lot in advance.
best regards,
yashar

Dear @yashar86shahoo,

In your PHOTONUC card you have not set any material, therefore the defaults are taken this means that photonuclear reaction will be activated only in hydrogen. You should rather set these in all the relevant materials.
You may also want to activate electronuclear reaction with a second PHOTONUC card and ELECTNUC SDUM.

thanks,
Do i clone the photonuc for every material seperatly? how can i use photonuc for all materials in one card?
is it nessesary specifying electron/neutron physic card in my input?
thank you so much
best wishes,

Please, have a look at the basic input and flair intro lecture, slides 12 to 22.

thank you for your quil reply,
I changed the input :
new.inp (9.0 KB)
but the result was zero…
whats the problem?
the best regards

Move the PHOTONUC card after the DEFAULTS card (as the manual points out: DEFAULTS declarations, if present, must precede any executable option) and change concrete to HYDROGEN in the PHOTONUC card, otherwise photonuclear and electronuclear interactions are activated only in materials whose index is larger than (or equal to) the concrete index, thereby excluding COPPER.
Also, take some time to read the *001.out file, where you can figure out what is going on.

Dear Francesco,
thank you for your help.
according to the *001.out, the fudgem iption was chenged to 1e-5 (EMF- PRO cut), and finally i the get result… :smiley:
best wishes,
yashar

A post was split to a new topic: Help in plotting results