USRBIN scoring about 0.1MeV electron

Dear FLUKA experts,
I asked some questions about calculating the range of electrons by using USRBIN CARD and here is the link of the topic, Question of calculating the range of electrons - #6 by shusheng. I replaced 3MeV electronics with 0.1MeV electronics, and use BEAMPART and X-Y-Z type to record primary electrons. I got the results as follows:
0.1MeV-AIR
The environmental medium in the first picture is air

The environmental medium in the second picture is vacuum

The environmental medium in the third picture is air, the energy of source is 0.12MeV

The environmental medium in the fourth picture is vacuum, the energy of source is 0.12MeV
Finally, I used the energy type to record the energy deposition of electrons with an energy of 0.1MeV, and I found that there was also a blank

What I don’t understand is why the source particle fluence of 0.1MeV electrons in the air is blank. According to the results of the ESTAR 1 database, it can be roughly calculated that the range of 0.1MeV electrons in the air is about 1258cm.

Dear Qinqing,

by default FLUKA only simulate electrons above the energy of 100 keV, both for transport and production. These thresholds can be extended down to 1 keV with the EMFCUT card. (Type: Transport and PROD-CUT.)

To read more about EM thresholds, see:

Cheers,
David

@horvathd Thank you very much!!

1 Like