USRBIN scoring and DOSE-EQ

Dear FLUKA expert,

1. I am trining to calculate photon ambient dose equivalent using the card,IRRPROF, RADDECAY,DCYTIME, USRBIN, and AUXSCORE. I am a bit confused about the unit of ambient dose equivalent. I used 3600*1e-6 as a normalization factor to yield as uSv/hr, Is this unit conversion correct or not.
    what will be the unit when I include beam intensity (number of proton/second) or beam current in nA.

2. For residual dose rate, USRBIN with dose options and AUXSCORE limit with photon gives the residual dose rate or not? and what will be the unit of the score quantities?

3. How can I increase the color bar scale, it only shows three numeric values.

Thanks in advance

Dear @koshal.bhatta,

The best would be to share your flair file so that anyone could see better what you’re talking about. Especially your third question, without anything to look at, it’s very difficult to reply.

For the first two questions, instead:

-If you multiply the output of your ambient dose equivalent rate estimator associated with a cooling time by 3600e-6, you will get indeed the result in uSv/h

-You don’t need to filter the result to get the ambient dose equivalent rate; the unit will be pSv/s, unless you normalize the results.

Dear @amario
Thank you so much for your reply
Additionally, I used a log scale in FLAIR to obtain ambient dose distribution is it possible to change cb values in the linear scale.
I want to normalize in terms of beam intensity what factor should I have included; proton/second or beam current in ampere and what will be the unit.
Thank you

Beam current in p/s (letting you convert nA into p/s) is expected to be input in the IRRPROF card, such as the resulting pSv/s (converted to uSv/h by your 3600*1e-6 normalization factor) at a given cooling time reflect the actual residual dose rate.

Please read above, or the manual.

Thank you @ceruttif for your feedback.
I am looking for your answer to " I used a log scale in FLAIR to obtain ambient dose distribution is it possible to change cb values in the linear scale"
Thanks in advance.

Dear Koshal,

Did you try unchecking the log scale next to cb in FLAIR?

1 Like