X Error: BadLength, 139 (Render), 20 (RenderAddGlyphs)

Dear experts,

I have some issues with flair after installed
After selecting the Flair “Geometry” tab, it crashes with an error:

Others tabs (Input, Plots etc) work fine.

Versions:
Windows10 / WSL2 / Ubuntu 20.04
Fluka 4.1
Flair 3.1.7

Best regards,
Nikita

Dear Nikita,

did you try to launch Flair directly from the WSL terminal?

Which X server (Xming, MobaXterm, etc.) are you using in windows?
Also, did you install flair and flair-geoviewer from the deb packages / repository, or did compile from source?

Cheers,
David

Hello David!

No, I launch Flair from Ubuntu Konsole using XRDP. When I tried launch Flair using WSL Terminal I got error:
*(flair.py:18201): Gdk-CRITICAL *: 15:48:45.742: gdk_cursor_new_for_display: assertion ‘GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)’ failed
no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

I installed Flair and Flair-geo from repository.

Best regards,
Nikita

Dear Nikita,

it seems the problem can be with the Linux desktop environment you installed. (Could be this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1882440)

Please, try to follow guide below, by installing MobaXterm, and running the setup_wsl.sh script to set the $DISPLAY environment variable. This will allow to run Flair directly from the WSL Windows terminal.

Cheers,
David

Dear David,

Thank you for advice! I done algorithms that description in your post.

Flair launched from WSL-Terminal with MobaXterm now. But, after selecting Geometry tab I have Error:

Best regards,
Nikita

Dear Nikita,

that is strange. Try to update the installed packages of Ubuntu with:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

If it doesn’t work and you are not using WSL for other software, you could try resetting it (See section 5 of the guide) and reinstalling Flair (with the setup_wsl.sh script it is done automatically) and FLUKA.

Cheers,
David

Dear David,

I reinstalled full Ubuntu-20.04 under wsl2 using your instructions. Everything fine!

Thank you so much

Best regards,
Nikita