Building executable error

Dear experts,

after upgrade from FLUKA 4-0.1 to FLUKA 4-2.1 I am having problem with building executable.

$FLUPRO/bin/ldpmqmd -o exeDamage

gives error:

gfortran -o exeDamage -fuse-ld=bfd /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/asciir.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/dpmjex.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/evdini.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/eventd.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/eveout.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/eveqmd.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/evqmdi.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/glaubr.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/idd2f.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/idf2d.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/rqm2pr.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/rqmdex.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/zrdpcm.o /Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib/interface/zrrqcm.o -L/Users/davidgancarcik/Flair/fluka4/lib -lrqmd -lfluka -lDPMJET
ld: library not found for -lSystem
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I found very similar topic Can't not installed on macOS 10.15 Catalina , where they had gcc9. So I did the same but with gcc10 instead. But problem still persist.

Thank you very much for your help
David

Dear @dgancarc ,

the informations provided are not sufficient to identify the possible error. Just to start:

• What is the OS you’re using?
  • Which FLUKA package have you downloaded?
  • Did you update MacPorts?
  • The command gfortran -print-sysroot prints in the terminal a directory name. Does it exist?

Dear @luillo ,

thank you very much for your time.

1. macOS Big Sur 11.5.1
  2. I downloaded: fluka-4-2.1.x86-Darwin-gfor10.tar
  3. Yes I did
  4. Yes it does, and it gives: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk

Thank you
David

Hello @dgancarc ,

do you confirm that you have an Intel processor?

The only package needed to install FLUKA is gcc. In your case you have gcc10 which should work with no problems.
Can you provided also the list of ports installed with the command
port echo installed
so that I can check if there is something suspicious?

Cheers Luigi