CYLI-VOL source and

Dear Experts,
I want to define a neutron source (with an energy spectrum) as an extended source shaped as a cylinder of 0.9cm radius and 4.5cm in height using: CYLI-VOL.

I am using “source_newgen.f” to implement the source spectrum, but after some tries I understood that my routine overwrite my CYLI-VOL command given through BEAMPOS card.
Also I found in an old post (Flood source & energy spectrum) that to solve the same problem with a FLOOD source I need to add SFLOOD subroutine in “source_newgen.f”:

CALL SFLOOD ( XXX, YYY, ZZZ, UXX, VYY, WZZ )

So I searched in FLUKA manual and on this forum, but I couldn’t find which is the name and the syntax of the subroutine I need to use to implement the CYLI-VOL.
Or maybe there are other ways to do the same that are unknown to me.

I hope someone could help me!
Thanking you in advance.

Luca

Dear Luca,

In my opinion, the easiest way to create your cylindrical source is by using the regionsource implemented in source_newgen.f according to this post.

call regionsource  ( coordinate_x, coordinate_y, coordinate_z, [region number], [xmin], [xmax], [ymin], [ymax], [zmin], [zmax] )

Regards,
Mihaela

Dear Mihaela,
thanks for the help!

I tried calling regionsource but I was just able to implement a parallelepiped shape with it.
So I navigated a little more the forum finding some extended cylindrical source implemented in source.f subroutine. Then I adjusted a little bit the code to use it in source_newgen.f and it worked!
That’s the part of the code I wrote in section 5.1 of source_newgen.f:

rmax = 0.9D0
zmin = 10.0D0
zmax = 14.5D0
theta = FLRNDM(xdummy)*TWOPIP
r = rmax * FLRNDM(xdummy)
coordinate_x = r*cos(theta)
coordinate_y = r*sin(theta)
coordinate_z = FLRNDM(xdummy)*(zmax-zmin) + zmin 

Problem solved!