How to deal with too many terms in parenthesis expansion

Dear Chris,

thank you for your reply. Indeed, generated input file is full of strings.

I went though FLAIR’s manual and I resolved this issue (and many more . . .). Thank you again. But in the end I getting different error message:

*** To many terms in parenthesis expansion ***
*** Execution terminated ***

I guess it’s because my VOID region, which is quite complicated.

I am not sure, how can I avoid building such structures. Is there any general recommendation or strategy, how to build a bit more complicated geometries? I also try to run test simulation with “online evaluation” by setting the variable “Paren”, but it also crushed, but without generated files.

Thank you any help.

With regards,

Jarda

Hello,

in flair’s geoeditor there is the option “Optimize” which shows up on the menubar in the menu “Region” once you select a region. This will try to optimize and “flatten” the region definition.

In general, the most efficient region definition is a flat one consisting only of differences and intersections or unions of these structures.

Hope that helps
Chris

Dear Chris,

thank you again for your answer. I try to use option “Optimize”, but without any success. I think, that I can rearrange a lot of regions to simplify resulting VOID region, but I have still problem with constructing of “piece-wise toroid”. I construct one segment with help of two infinite cylinders and two planes, than I am rotating this segment around z-axis, but I don’t know, how can I avoid expressions consisting from parenthesis in a void region. I attached visualization of my model to give you a perspective what I am trying to do.

Do you have any possible solution to problem? I also attached Flair project with one segment for demonstration of geometry construction. Void region is constructed by subtraction of one vessel segment from VOID region and whole torus would be realized by same process.

geometry_example.flair (2.0 KB)

Thank you for your suggestion.

With regards,

Jarda

Hello,

you might consider using finite bodies instead of infinite ones for example. This often simplifies the region definition already. In addition, to avoid too complex definitions of the void region which surrounds everything, try to encapsulate your entities in surrounding bodies (e.g. a box or a cylinder etc.) and then you just need to subtract those from the surrounding void region.

Hope that helps,
Chris