How to score pulse amplitude spectrum of special particle such as proton, triton, alpha?

There is no parameter about particle identity of DETECT card, how do i allocate special particle?

I want to score triton or alpha pulse amplitude spectrum in one region
respectively with neutron bombing Li-6, which card should i use?

Have you considered using USRTRACK or USRBDX?

@Newconcept_1979,

DETECT provides the total energy deposition on event-by-event basis, with no distinction about which particles.

If you want to filter by triton or alpha, you need to define two DETECT scorings (for example with the name DETECT_1 and DETECT_2) and then implement the logic in the comscw.f routine.
An implementation (not tested) is given in the attached comscw.f (5.4 KB).

Hope this could help.

1 Like

The comscw.f can not work correctly!

Dear Lihua Li,

could you elaborate in the issue? Could you share your error message if there is one?

Cheers,
David

below is information from output:
it seems no energy deposited

Started 2020.12.22 17:59:31
gnuplot> reset
gnuplot> set terminal wxt 0 enhanced title ‘Li6_chamber-0: USR-1D Li6 chamber 17’
gnuplot> set title ‘USR-1D Li6 chamber 17’
gnuplot> unset grid
gnuplot> set xlabel ‘’
gnuplot> set xtics
gnuplot> set ylabel ‘’
gnuplot> set ytics
gnuplot> set logscale x
gnuplot> set logscale y
gnuplot> unset logscale z
gnuplot> unset logscale cb
gnuplot> unset logscale x2
gnuplot> unset logscale y2
gnuplot> set key default
gnuplot> plotname=‘Li6_chamber_17_plot’
gnuplot> plot ‘Li6_chamber_17_tab.lis’ ind 0 us 1:3 w steps lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’t ‘Detector 1’,’’ ind 0 us (sqrt($1*$2)):3:($3*($4/100.)) w errorbars lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’ pt 0 ps 1notitle

e> gnuplot> plot ‘Li6_chamber_17_tab.lis’ ind 0 us 1:3 w steps lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’t ‘Detector 1’,’’ ind 0 us (sqrt($1*$2)):3:($3*($4/100.)) w errorbars lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’ pt 0 ps 1notitle

e> ^

e> line 0: all points y value undefined!

e> ERROR: Gnuplot errors or warnings found

Please upload also your input file to verify that the two DETECT cards are properly included (according to the above user routine, the detector names should be Detect_1 and Detect_2, and not DETECT_1 and DETECT_2 as in the text) as well as the USERWEIG card activating the comscw routine.

Li6_chamber.inp (2.8 KB)

comscw.f (5.4 KB)

That’s right, because the particle identity check should be done with JTRACK:
* alpha
IF (TITDET(JSCRNG).EQ.'detect1 ') THEN
IF(JTRACK.NE.-6) LSCZER = .TRUE.
* triton
ELSE IF(TITDET(JSCRNG).EQ.'detect2 ') THEN
IF(JTRACK.NE.-4) LSCZER = .TRUE.
END IF
being IJ always equal to 208 for an ENERGY deposition event.

Also, you may want to lower the 4-HELIUM and TRITON transport thresholds by means of PART-THR (1 keV kinetic energy - per nucleon - is the hard limit).

but the result is no energy deposit by alpha or triton, why?

Dear @Newconcept_1979,

with the input you posted and this comscw.f (5.4 KB) I see non-zero values in the two DETECT scoring. Maybe you want to change the energy range.

As additional comment, the DETECT scoring cannot provide any correlation between the two distributions.

Best, Luigi

After running one billion neutrons (in less than one hour):

I only tried 1e6 with 5 cycles, i will try 1e9 with 5 cycles, thanks!

why through 1e9 neutrons, the results indicate no energy deposit by alpha or triton using my uploaded input and comscw.f file?

e> gnuplot> plot ‘Li6_chamber_17_tab.lis’ ind 0 us 1:3 w steps lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’t ‘Detector 1’,’’ ind 0 us (sqrt($1*$2)):3:($3*($4/100.)) w errorbars lt 1 lw 2 lc rgb ‘red’ pt 0 ps 1notitle

e> ^

e> line 0: all points y value undefined!

e> ERROR: Gnuplot errors or warnings found

@ Francesco Cerutti, Can you upload your input and comscw.f files? thanks!

I used the last comscw.f routine uploaded yesterday by @luillo.
And here is my flair file (3.1 KB), which contains your own input as you previously uploaded, with a few not critical modifications: a lower transport threshold for 4-HELIUM and TRITON (as I recommended above), the removal of null energy deposition events from the DETECT scoring, an extended neutron BEAM spot (being the pencil assumption not realistic), and the additional scoring of alpha and triton fluence by USRBIN to see their propagation in the GAS.
Make sure to process the results and obtain a new Li6_chamber_17_tab.lis file, where the third column shall be different from zero.