Make ROI for dose rate calculation

I want to simulate dose rate of ROI and I understand how can I setting up the distributed source but, how can I make ROI for binning? please give me some advice…

Dear Kyounghyoun Kwon,

it depends what your ROI is. Generally, for dose rate scoring, the USRBIN scoring with Part = DOSE is used. Then, if you are interested in creating a “dose rate map”, you should use Type = X-Y-Z or R-ϕ-Z. If instead you would like to score dose rate inside a region within your geometry, you should use Type = Region. Please be also aware that the result would be in GeV/g per primary, so you will very likely need to normalize it.

Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to reply. You can also visit these slides.

Kind regards
Vojtěch

Thank you I understand, I’m trying to build first distributed source as post below which introduce the method of how to make it. But when I run the code I always got ‘Finished with ERRORS’ even any other code like below…
"

Started 2021.03.24 13:56:27
Error code: 2

"

what should I have to do?

many thanks
Kyounghyoun

Dear Kyounghyoun,

could you please share your input files/user routines, maybe even some screenshots how you got the error?

Thank you
Vojtěch

Dear Vojtěch Stránský,

I want to know one more, can I set the isotope radiation volume like mCi or GBq unit?
please find my attachments

Thank you
Kyounghyoun

GetPETBin.inp (675 Bytes)

Dear Kyounghyoun,

it seems that your input file is completely missing essential parts, such as physics settings and geometry defintion. I would suggest you go through the presentations on the FLUKA course website prior to the next steps.

As for units of activity - the normalization is usually done in simulation postprocessing.

I hope this helps
Vojtěch

Many Thanks for your help!