Marinelli Beaker source

Dear FLUKA and Flair experts,
I am very sorry if I’m asking for something that have been alredy solved but I didn’t manage to find a solution in the form.
I would like to simulate a uniformly distributed source of 40K in a Marinelli Beaker. I followed the instructions portraied by @horvathd in this post: Volumetric source of complex geometry.
The simulation stops with geometry error but I can’t understand why.
Can someone help me?

Thank you so much in advance

Gabriele Galli

source.f (9.8 KB)
USER.flair (3.0 KB)

Dear Gabriele,

I can’t reproduce your error. Please look at the .log, .err and .out files to see the actual error message you are getting and let us know.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Dear David,

In the .err and .out files I have:
" Abort called from GEOFAR reason TOO MANY ERRORS IN GEOMETRY: STOP Run stopped!
STOP TOO MANY ERRORS IN GEOMETRY: STOP"

In the .log file there is:
" STOP TOO MANY ERRORS IN GEOMETRY: STOP
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL
STOP STOP: FLUKA ABORTED "

Thank you for your answer

Gabriele

Dear Gabriele,

while I didn’t get any geometry error with 10 million primaries, it is likely, that the cause of the problem is touching top surfaces of the two cylinders.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Dear David,

Thank you again for your answer!
I solved the problem by moving the center of the beam with BEAMPOS from (0,0,0) which belonged to the edge of the marinelli to (0,0,1e-9). This way the simulation is performed, but the result looks like a point source. Is there a problem with the file where the source is defined?

Cheers
Gabriele

Dear Gabriele,

make sure that you are using the custom executable you compiled with the source user routine.

See slides 19-20 from

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Dear David,

Thank you very much for the support!
I missed some steps during the compilation phase. Now everything is ok.

Cheers
Gabriele