Na-22 511 keV to 1274 keV peak ratio

Hello,

I am new to Fluka, i tried an example of NaI detector from one of your HPGE detector samples,
Pulse height distribution of 511 keV to 1274 keV is about 1.92 in my results but in reality this is about 8.

I attached the inp and flair files. This is maybe too easy but i didn’t figure out what i am missing. Do i need to add any other score or physics card?
hpge.flair (2.5 KB)
hpge.inp (2.2 KB)

Best regards, ty,

H.

Dear @hakan.cetinkay,

Welcome to the FLUKA forum!

You have not been forgotten, I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Francisco

1 Like

Dear @hakan.cetinkay,

The ratio between both gamma line intensities is around 1.8 as you can see here. In which proportion are these gammas detected depends on the efficiency of your detector, which is related to its geometry, and therefore one cannot simply state that “in reality this is about 8”. If you play with the size of the DETECTOR region in your input file you will see that the ratio of the counts for each line will change, as it should, since the proportion of gammas that deposit their full energy in that region will evolve differently for 511 keV and 1274 keV.

Hope this helps. Let us know in case something does not add up.

Kind regards,
Francisco

1 Like

Dear @fogallar,

Thank you for your comment and for your time.

This answer is useful for me to understand that i am not missing something in the physics of simulation program.

Best regards,

H.