Dear FLUKA experts, I want to run an input file with an old source,f routine. I saw your previous post regarding the use of fluka_src_converter.py. I tried just typing fluka_src_converter.py myroutine*.f (myroutine* is the actual name of my source.f file) but I got a bash error:
-bash: / cluster/temp/Software/2011.3/flutil/fluka_src_converter.py: /usr/bin/python3: No such file or directory
What should I do? I’m not used to Linux and I don’t know if I am doing something wrong.
you should enable Python3 first. On the cluster you can try with:
scl enable rh-python36 bash
(You can check then the Python version with python --version)
Then you could do something like:
$ python $FLUKACERN/bin/fluka_src_converter.py myroutine.f
(where $FLUKACERN is /path/to/fluka2011.3 which on the cluster is already set)
the fluka_src_coverter.py now works fine, it coverts the file without giving me error. However when I compile the source I still get this error:
Error: Can’t open included file ‘(DBLPRC)’
sorry for the late reply. I have tried with some old routines that I still have and everything works fine, I can’t reproduce your problem. Could you please inspect your routine after the conversion? Instead of
you should now have
and the analogous for the other includes (no more parenthesis, all small caps and .inc extension)
If this is not the case, could you post the output from terminal when you run fluka_src_converter.py?
thank you for your help. At the end I “solved” the problem just changing all the include in the old routine, with the new includes (that I took from a new source routine). It seems it works, I got the spectrum that I want.
As you suggested, the fluka_src_converter doesn’t work actually; even if I don’t get an error, the old routine doesn’t change. I still do not know why, maybe i will try with other old routine.
Francesca, could you please upload your routine where the converter doesn’t work, so we can correct it
Dear Vasilis and Davide,
before attaching you the source file, I tried again and it works: fluka _src_coverter.py converts my source routine, it is succeffully compiled on FLUKA and I get the results I expected.
I was probably doing something wrong. Thank you anyway for your help.