CAD files in FLUKA: FLUDAG

Ok. Thank you very much for your explanation.
Given that i will not be able to import CAD into FLUKA this way: what is, in your experience, the best way to do it? MCAM? manual?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Duarte

I’m biassed but one could consider - FluDAG (DAGMC) - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168900218314311. I’m busy making this compatible with the FLUKA-CERN release but this should be in the fairly near future. Could you share your CAD files?

I’m happy to help out where I can.

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your suggestion. It seems that FluDAG really is the better option.
I have been struggling with the installation because of the MOAB dependency. What happens is that: when trying to install MOAB it can never find the Lapack lib… Although this happens, I already have Lapack installed.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you,

Duarte

Hello, Andy

From what I understand from your last response, FluDAG is not yet ready to be used ( or installed) with the new Fluka version, is that correct?

Thanks

Duarte

Hi Duarte

Unfortunately not, I’m still wrestling with some changes, but I’m optimistic. It worked well with FLUKA-2011 as you can see from the paper, but there have been some changes internally to FLUKA-4 that I’m still figuring out. I#m sure we’ll get there, but I can’t give you a timeline right now, access to source code would help. You can see the changes I’m to FluDAG at https://github.com/makeclean/dagmc on the fluka-cern branch.

I’m very sorry, I missed your previous message about the MOAB install, did you get it figured out? I’m busy talking with some FLUKA developers, so I hope we can figure it all out sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Duarte

Good news, figured it out yesterday with the help of Vasilis, all working and it make take a few days to get into the mainline branch of DAGMC, but you can always build from the branch I listed before. But the current branch, builds and you will be able to run FluDAG/FLUKA+DAGMC calculations.

Thanks

Andy

1 Like

Hello Andy,

I will try to make the calculations I need and then I will give you some feedback.

Thank you for your work.

Duarte