Measurement units

Dear fluka experts,
I have some doubts regarding mainly measurement units…
[1] What do the maximum, minimum, and int values mean in the graph plot? are the maximum and minimum values of what exactly? Do they have a unit of measurement?
[2] What do the x and y axis represent in each case? USRTRACK, USRDUMP and USRBIN in the attached images.
Thank you very much!!

PLOT USRTRACK: Captura de tela de 2023-05-31 14-57-34
PLOT USRDUMP:

PLOT USRBIN: Captura de tela de 2023-05-31 14-53-44
Maximum, minimum and int USRBIN values for 1keV of He4:

Dear @victoria.rapos,

Thank you for your question. If possible, it would be good practice to share also the *.inp or *.flair files that you have used to obtain the plots, but already looking at them and answering your questions:

1. For USRBIN, you are scoring a 3D mesh (200 bins in each direction). The min/max correspond to the min/max value that you record in your 3D mesh (excluding 0 values). The Int should correspond to the integrated 3D mesh value. In your case it is lower than your min/max because you have many 0 bins in your mesh. The unit of measure depends on what you are scoring.
    I assume you are scoring 4-HELIUM particle fluence (but I would need the *.inp file to be certain), hence the unit would be in particles per cm2 per unit primary weight, according to note 8 of the manual.
  2. For the:
    a) USRBIN plot: x and y are the spatial dimensions (in cm).
    b) USTRACK plot: x is particle energy (in GeV) and for y, it depends on what you are scoring, but I assume fluence again.
    c) USRDUMP: y is the counts, but I cannot see what x is without the *.flair file)

I hope this helps,
Daniel

1 Like

Thank you very much for answering me!
I THINK it is fluency for usrbin. I have attached the files now, and userdump I really couldn’t understand.
1kev.flair (5.1 KB)
1kev.inp (3.4 KB)

Dear @victoria.rapos,

Indeed, for USRBIN you are scoring particle fluences, and similarly for USRTRACK.

The USRDUMP you have activated scores every particle interaction, and requires more post-processing to extract the information from it, depending on what you wish to explore.

Best,
Daniel